Tuesday 4 May 2010


Okay! Yes, I found my way back. (Friday the 13th of November is patently not a good date to blog!)

To begin with, a picture. Yapa in the window on Sunday morning, the view from my bed onto the tree outside which is now beginning to shiver off its last leaves. The undressing of the trees as Autumn creeps over the windowsill.

Then, finally, I had to see what all this facebook hoopla was about, and have to say: not convinced. Words! Stories! When I come up against a 420 character limit, I know I'm in the wrong place. I don't understand it; don't get it. It seems like a glorified picture album: here I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

But, I wanted to tell of some meanderings today that took me from one place to another -- that is the beauty of the internet for me -- and I couldn't. So I said I would here...

This morning I had to wake up early -- a shocking 6.30 in the morning -- and wait for various calls to the UK to go through, so I started with Sundance -- that's kind of a regular for me -- to see whether there was a Facebook site. There is: http://www.facebook.com/sundance?ref=ts&v=wall and promptly linked into various things from there. First, the bit on Banksy, the graffitti artist. Because of the melting snow in Utah, one last bit of art has now revealed itself and I kind of like the idea of that: art being affected by the seasons. Now you see it, now you don't.
Then, as anything with a horse on it will catch my eye, I got lured away by The Horse Boy. The visual beauty of the trailer is stunning, check it out, here
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Horse-Boy/88586437853?ref=search&v=wall
or here....

The Horse Boy

The Horse Boy Coming to DVD on April 20th: Pre-order now at http://www.zeitgeistfilms.com/homevideo.php

www.zeitgeistfilms.com

From there, of course, I was intrigued by Zeitgeist and went to check out their website. That was certainly worthwhile. This looks interesting:

http://www.zeitgeistfilms.com/film.php?directoryname=examinedlife&mode=buyhomevideo



And so I hooked into the New York Times article talking about the film, which you can find here: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/22/movies/22lim.html?_r=1
called "Thinkers in Transit, Philosophy in Motion". The best bit has to be when the filmmaker AstraTaylor expresses her doubts: "If people found talking-head films uncinematic, what would they make of a talking-egghead film?" Had to giggle.

I did try to share all with people I thought might be interested, via Facebook, but couldn't... it doesn't seem to be very happy with narrative. So, I decided to write it here.

Then, as it's still only 11 in the morning, remember I got up at 6.30, and my phone calls to the UK have all gone through, I realised that I could still get some writing done. So, bye for now, glad to back, blogging is so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment