Wednesday 8 July 2009

Have pen, will travel...

It's good to be stomping over familiar ground, finally. Brunel University have invited me back for a repeat performance of teaching this summer in London, and so that and the chance to catch up with the spinning top of the world have got me on the move again. It dawned on me that I don't know how to pack for a trip you actually return from, so accustomed I am to going and staying. (What? I don't have to take everything?) So strange it will be to come back home that I'm actually much more excited about going than I would be otherwise. Across the terrain, there have always been some rabbit holes to duck into regularly -- especially the Cambridge publishers BPC and the History Department at Warwick University -- and for however intriguing it's been to go discovering, it's so much better knowing the people and easier knowing where the pens and the teabags are. So Brunel's another good thing.

We're working like little elves in the workshop, as I've already had some requests to bring our handmade belts. If there's anybody interested, have a look at the website, send me an email and I'll send you details... Patience is required, but the photos do load eventually...
www.elpuestero.com
The suitcase snaps shut (hopefully) in two weeks time!

No comments:

Post a Comment